top of page

Standardized testing


It's important that students look closely at the testing requirements for each school to which they apply.  Most schools across the country take the ACT and SAT tests as equivalent, with no preference for either. 


Unless specifically advised otherwise, students should always take the ACT plus writing if they choose to take the ACT.  (There is no longer an option to take the SAT without writing.)  Note that SAT is administerd by College Board.  College Board also administers the SAT Subject Tests, the PSAT, and AP tests.


Are SAT subject tests required? Do I have to report all of my test scores?  Does the admissions office "superscore"?  The answers to each of these questions vary greatly by college and can be found on the admissions sites of the colleges to which you apply. Your educational consultant can help you find the answers as well.



bottom of page